Have you ever contemplated a project that was a toss up
between a tear-down and and rehab? Or one that you thought adding a second level would be the way to go? Did you wonder if this was one of those times that “you don’t know what you don’t know”?
Graham Ruggie is the owner and principal architect of Janez Design, and earned a Master of Architecture degree from the Boston Architectural College, and a degree in management from Boston University.
- When an architect can actually save you money, and when it doesn’t make sense to engage
- Stock plans from the internet: Pros and cons
- Determining when you need an architect vs a structural engineer
- Unique challenges of multi-family of 3+ and mixed use vs 1-2 family properties
- Case studies including
- a gut renovation of a Lexington Cape converting to a Colonial
- unique houses with wetlands and terrain considerations
- a 4 unit mixed use requiring existing conditions assessment and impact to the code requirements