Looking for an additional source of funding for complex commercial projects? Mass Development can help you with a range of housing projects, from historic tax credits to affordable housing programs. This little known state-funded agency provides loans, brownfields funding, guarantees, and grants, as well as technical assistance in the planning process.
Roy Angel joined the agency in 1998 and opened the first Mass Development Finance Agency. His background includes Acting Regional Director at the Massachusetts Office of Business Development, fifteen years as a commercial banker, and an MBA from Bently.
You will hear:
- A general overview of Mass Development; who they are and what they do
- A quick synopsis of other public and quasi-public agencies that are involved with housing finance in Massachusetts
- About Mass Development Finance Programs and how they relate to creating and developing housing units in MA, including tools and resources for developers
- Some examples of housing projects financed by Mass Development in Worcester and Central MA
- About five takeaways
- A lot of Q & As with a focus on what Mass Development can do to help improve the housing market. This is the time to speak up!