Lynne Bagby is a Certified Exchange Specialist (CES®) and Northeast Division Manager for Asset Preservation, Inc., one or the nation’s most well-regarded Qualified Intermediary firms for 1031 exchanges. Lynne has worked in the 1031 industry for 17 years and has assisted in the facilitation of thousands of 1031 exchange transactions; teaches continuing ed classes for credit to real estate agents & commercial brokers and conducts 1031 exchange presentations for attorneys, CPAs, financial advisors and investors throughout New England. Jack Creighton is a nationally known real estate expert and DST specialist.
This discussion will focus on how you can exchange a property into something larger or more passive, or both, and own Blue Chip top of the line properties: Run with the Big Dogs even if you’re a Chihuahua! There is no selling at this event, as always, just a discussion of techniques, pros and cons.
You will learn:
- The 4 different taxes on long term capital gains (yes FOUR!)
- The difference between a TIC (Tenant In Common) and a DST (Delaware Statutory Trust)
- Why we are not talking about Deferred Sales Trusts (another DST acronym)
- The pros and cons of 1031 exchanges and DST’s
- How to offer an exit strategy to a multi-family seller when you want to buy but he doesn’t want to pay taxes
- How to access better bigger and better properties than you might think with the sophisticated investment decision making that insurance companies and pension funds enjoy