We all know of a few old mill projects that have been
- 13 different buildings with complicated requirements
- Some were tear-downs, some were rehabs
- Some had to be moved!
- 2 levels of underground parking with tunnels
- Restoration of a hydroelectric turbine and installation of a canal heat exchanger (Really?!!? Who even knows what a canal heat exchanger is?)
- Property is on the National Register of Historic Places
- All under the auspices of the National Park Service
- 350 KW of photo voltaic power on the rooftop
- Heating and cooling run off a hydrothermal system using canal water to generate hot and cold air
- Energy Star appliances
The project benefited from Historic Rehab Tax credits and received an award from the Engineering New Record. Join us as Chris recaps his challenges and eventual outcomes with this project, as he consistently sought the highest level of energy efficiency possible.