(This meeting was cancelled and will be rescheduled)
Sounds simple, right? Buy a tax lien, and sit back and collect 16% interest! Investing in tax liens is an area of real estate investing considered to be “passive” by comparison to rehabbing or rental properties, but it can be much more involved than we realize. And the returns can be variable. Do you always get the interest? Can you foreclose on the property? Do you then have clear title if you do?
Todd Rodman is a managing partner at Seder and Chandler, with a significant portion of his practice focused on tax lien law. He has over 30 years of experience in real estate law with a wide variety of clients.
You will learn:
• The difference between purchasing a tax lien v. the actual real estate
• A summary of the real estate tax collection process in Massachusetts – yes, you have to understand this stuff!
• Sales and Assignments of Municipal Tax Liens by Auction – where the action is!
• The Auction Process – including premiums
• Redemption of Property purchased through the lien process
Part 2 of this series will be presented at a later date, and will include what happens in real life in tax lien investing: “The rest of the story”, and some “War stories” from the trenches. We’ll also have some input on out-of-state tax lien investing: Do you think 36% interest on your money sounds good? Stay tuned …