Todd Rodman is a managing partner at Seder and Chandler, with a significant portion of his practice focused on tax lien law. He has over 30 years of experience in real estate law with a wide variety of clients. Ann Bellamy is a real estate investor and hard money lender, who became interested in MA tax liens and purchased a small portfolio of Worcester liens. Kathy Doyle, Ann’s partner in the venture, also branched out into Illinois liens.
You will learn:
- The difference between purchasing a tax lien v. the actual real estate
- A summary of the real estate tax collection process in Massachusetts – yes, you have to understand this stuff!
- Sales and Assignments of Municipal Tax Liens by Auction – where the action is!
- The Auction Process – including premiums
- Redemption of Property purchased through the lien process
- Additional ways to buy liens via RFP and from lien investors
- What happens when you buy liens in other states
- Did you know Illinois tax liens pay 36% interest?