Massachusetts has some of the most tenant friendly laws and courts in the nation. But we still choose to buy properties for cash flow. Lack of knowledge can get us in trouble and cost us a bundle so we’re always looking for ways to stay on top of our properties, tenants and cash flow.
You will learn:
- The 5 biggest red flags on tenant applicants
- When you must start the eviction process in order to avoid eviction
- When discrimination is not discrimination
- How to take a deposit to reserve a unit, and make it non-refundable
How to refund a security deposit if the previous tenant is in jail (or you don’t have their address)
- How to make an eviction stick when it’s not for non-payment
- What you have to know when you buy a vacant multi
This will be an open discussion: we have lots of questions for them, and some of you may have some we haven’t thought of. So bring your questions and join us for dinner or drinks or both, while we have a frank discussion on some of the issues that even experienced landlords trip over.