Had to fire your contractor recently? Or did he walk off the job in the middle of it? Or worse yet, did he simply fall off the planet and never return calls? Did you pay for more work than you received? Managing contractors can be the most difficult part of managing a rehab, and sooner or later, you’ll be faced with a contractor challenge.
Julio E Vega has been managing construction projects for 15 years, both in Latin America and in the US on his own rehab projects.
You will hear:
- Tips on finding contractors, and using referrals
- Establishing your standards, setting the rules (and when to stick to them)
- How to put it in writing, and some elements of a
- Payment schedules and milestones
- How to motivate them so that your job gets done on time
- What to do when you can’t, and how to know when it’s time to fire them
- Providing opportunities for both of you to grow